Tuesday 10 September 2013

I want a boy!


                                                      
* Edited 05/02/2014 none of the methods we tried worked for us as we are having a girl!
I know some of you may say that it does not matter what gender is your baby, of course, I will be happy if it is a boy or a girl, but our plan at the moment is to conceive a boy.  

So I decided to Google “how to get pregnant with a boy” or “how to conceive a boy” first few websites had absolutely ridiculous suggestions,  to be honest even couple of suggestions from Askmum website were a bit weird to me, but I guess we just have to try it.

Askmum: Before even having sex, your partner can increase his sperm count by wearing loose-fitting trousers and sponging his scrotum with cool water, which is good for making boy babies. When it comes to doing the deed, you and your partner should do it doggy style, and you should try and climax first. The best time to have sex is just after ovulation.

TheBabywebsite recommends:
-          Time your intercourse exactly on the way of ovulation
-          Aim for sexual positions that promote deeper penetration
-          Monitor the pH level of the vaginal environment

The Shettles Method is a child conception idea that is reputed to help determine a baby's sex. In order to have a boy insemination should occur as close as possible to the moment of ovulation so that the faster, Y-sperm arrive first and achieve conception, according to the theory. When seeking a girl insemination the couple should seek to have sex 2½ to 3 days before ovulation. Shallow penetration coupled with the sperm deposited close to the entrance favors female conception because the area is more acidic, which inhibits the weaker Y sperm, according to the theory. To allow the Y sperm to reach the egg first (which supposedly moves at a faster rate), deeper penetration should be sought, to deposit the sperm at the least acidic area near the uterus opening (Wikipedia).
Mentioned “suggestions” are similar, the only difference is that the latter is described in more scientific terms.

Wish us luck!!!

* Edited 05/02/2014 none of the methods we tried worked for us as we are having a girl!

7 comments:

  1. I find this post funny! Not because I'm laughing at you, but because I'm laughing with you. We wanted a girl on our last pregnancy something fierce!! I literally prayed for a girl for over four years. The minute I knew I was pregnant I knew it was a girl because I was sick from the word go. :)

    May you blessed with a boy this time. They are more of a handful but they are well worth it. Of course, my daughter is 10x's the fuss box as my boys ever thought of being!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did something very similar but the opposite, after two boys I wanted a girl and did everything you did. All the old wives tales, put pennies under the stairs, a wooden spool, you name it I did it. It took me a year to conceive and I didn't find out until 34 weeks as they couldn't tell but I got my girl. I wish you all the luck and boys are fab. My two are awesome xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a daughter and quite wanted a son, though like you, a healthy baby was all that mattered. I googled, too - it is funny the stuff that comes up! We do have a son, so maybe something worked! Wishing you the best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw good luck! We've just had a little boy and he's amazing. I had a fairly easy pregnancy with him too, no morning sickness :) x

    ReplyDelete