Tuesday 23 December 2014

Kiddicare Christmas Gift Guide

Few months ago I have started creating L's Christmas wishlist as I wanted to get her something she can use till her 1st birthday. I couldn't find any gift guides by age and my only source at that point was online community for parents. It helped me greatly and made me think that maybe online toy shops should implement an idea of age gift guides to be available at all times as mums like me always on a search for a toy or a book for a little one.



Few weeks ago I came across Kiddicare Christmas Gift Guide, if only I could buy all the toys in the world for L, but I have settled just for few.       
Kiddicare have a wide selection of toys that would make great Christmas presents for toddlers and babies. The products cater for a range of ages and prices so are ideal for stocking fillers or more expensive main presents.

You can have a sneak peek at:

The first Noel category is perfect for my almost 6 months old baby, but I have picked 2 items from different ranges:
Learn With The Very Hungry Caterpillar Book from First Noel and Buzzing Brains Xylophone from Early Years.


The Very Hungry Caterpillar is a set of 4 board books: numbers, words, colours, animal sounds. 
This compact set of books are for little hands to hold, board pages that are durable enough to withstand the rough and tumble of toddlers. It is filled with collage art, and large and simple text.

This is a great set of books but I feel that L cares more about putting things in her mouth and colourfulness of things rather than the educational side of it. 
From the very first day L was eager to put them in her mouth, we even made a joke that she is learning through chewing. They already show signs of use as you would expect from a tiny baby but I hope they can last us longer so that she can learn a little bit more about the world with The Very Hungry Caterpillar. 

Buzzing Brains Xylophone- a 
classic toy xylophone with 5 different colour keys, each a different tone.
Features:

  • Helps develop hand eye coordination
  • Early introduction to music
  • Great for learning first scales and simple tune
  • 5 different colour keys, each a different tone
  • Two wooden beaters to help develop left and right handed play and sharing

It is a more of a success for us even though it states that the toy is suitable from 12 months I think it's the ideal musical toy which helps stimulate her senses and develop her skills as well as just an ideal addition to L's musical instruments collection.

Disclaimer: I was sent the above items for the purpose of this review. All thought and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment