Monday 19 October 2015

Review: Mustela PhysiObébé no rinse cleansing water face and diaper area

In the last 15 months we have tried different baby wipes and baby toiletries, when Mustela offered to review fragranced cleansing water I couldn't resist to try something new.


"The skincare experts for babies and mothers-to-be since 1950. Mustela offers a complete range of specially formulated skincare to best address the changes in the delicate skin of newborns, babies, children, mothers-to-be and new mothers.

Mustela is proud of its strong relationships with healthcare professionals to best provide safe and effective skincare for both you and your baby".

                                   
PhysiObébé no rinse cleansing water face and diaper area (500ml bottle for £8.95 available to buy on Amazon) main ingredients are:
  • "Avocado Perseose®: a patented natural ingredient that reinforces the skin barrier and preserves the cellular resource.
  • Aloe vera extract: softens, soothes, hydrates and protects.
  • Saponaria leaf and root extract: tones and cleanses.
My first impressions on the products were not positive as it has a very strong odour which reminds of something my dear nana would use. I have tested it on L' face first as it's for face and nappy area. It does clean, leaves the skin nice and soft but when I reached to kiss L after I applied Mustela PhysiObébé I instantly reached for soapy water to wash it off as L "stank" of the product.
I wouldn't personally use it or recommend using it on a face as I believe that parents would prefer to inhale child's/baby's own smell, I certainly prefer to do so.

Having said that I had completely different reaction when used Mustela PhysiObébé. As you know newborn soiled nappy doesn't smell of anything but once you start weaning everything changes! I applied PhysiObébé once I have changed her nappy, if I use head to toe wash or baby wipes it won't get rid off the smell where as Mustela PhysiObébé no rinse cleansing water "covers" the after smell, which is great! 

Overall, I would recommend this products for babies and parents who start weaning to use after every nappy change. Mustela PhysiObébé comes with a pump dispenser bottle cap which makes it much easier to use. I had a bottle without one and I can say that you waste more than you use without dispenser.

Disclaimer: I was sent the item mentioned above for the purpose of this review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

1 comment:

  1. Great idea to have in the changing bag for out and about! Thanks for linking up with #TriedTested

    ReplyDelete