Monday 4 January 2016

Review: Freida's Pantry Feeding Food bars

I remember those first few weeks of L's life when I have tried everything I could to up my milk supply. To say the truth I don't think any of the teas, pumping, expressing, having more drinks or dairy helped me at all. I felt lots of pressure from midwives and health visitors and of course I wanted it to work. It's such a shame that only now I came across Freida's pantry as I would love to see how it would have worked for me back then.
"We make the UK's healthiest food bars for pregnant and nursing mums - and tired dads too! We believe in natural nutrition and will do all we can to support your new family naturally".

I have received 2 pre-pregnancy/during pregnancy bars and 2 breastfeeding food bars.

Both types of bars can be purchased here or via Ocado website in packs of 3, 5, 7 and 14 bars, with individual bars priced at £1.20 which seems quite reasonable. 

"Healthy And Nutrient Packed Pre-Pregnancy / During Pregnancy Bars. Freida’s Feeding Food is a tasty and nutritious food bar full of healthy oats, nuts and seeds:
- a convenient and portable snack for busy mums on the go
- helps with additional calories through healthy fats
- high in fibre and a source of omega 3 and 6


                                  
Freida’s Feeding Food is a tasty and nutritious food bar full of healthy oats, nuts and seeds:
- a convenient and portable snack for busy mums on the go
- helps with additional calories through healthy fats
- high in fibre and a source of omega 3 and 6".


When I had a first bite of the Freida's feeding food bar I noticed an overpowering sweet fennel taste which put me off a little bit, but if I had a chance to try it earlier when the supply was low I wouldn't care about it and just kept going. 
The pre- preganncy/ during pregnancy bar on the other hand tastes very sweet, but  dry. 

Tip: once I have tried it with a yogurt or dairy drink it tasted so much better! So I would certainly recommend it to have it with a drink and not by itself!

It is quite feeling and gives you that boost which most of us mums need for the day to get on with our duties. 
I have read about parents batch cooking and freezing their meals for the first few weeks when new baby arrives but have never considered doing it myself! Now I know it was a big mistake and Freida's pantry bars could have been a great, handy and helpful snack for those hungry, hands full/busy moments. 

Overall, I didn't feel any difference in my supply as I have tried the bars when my supply was established, but I'm happy that I have discovered the brand as I would certainly recommend it to my expecting mum friends and would love to see if it actually works.

Disclaimer: I was sent the item mentioned above for the purpose of this review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

3 comments:

  1. These sound ok but a bit pricey IMO, great, honest review #triedtested

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's always interesting to read about this sort of product. I must admit I tend to think they are a little gimmicky but then I didnt' struggle with my supply so I suppose I'm not really in a position to comment.
    Happy New Year and thanks so much for sharing your review on #TriedTested this week x

    ReplyDelete