Friday 4 March 2016

Review: Moony Japanese nappy pants

I have heard before about Japanese nappies from my cousin who used to order them in bulk for her twins from a Russian supplier in Moscow. She has always highly recommended them and once have tried competitive brands would come back to the original choice. 
Knowing how good they are I attempted to find similar brands here in the UK and came across Japanese nappies website with a variety of Japanese branded nappies.

                                                 
Japanese nappies have kindly provided a pack of 44 Moony pull ups  worth £22.50 for us to try. When I have received the review pack I didn't know if it's usual nappies or pull ups but upon investigating the packaging and it's content I was extremely excited to find out that we have received pull ups. We have been using nappy pants for 6 months or so as I found out that with wriggly L is is much more convenient to put them on and off rather than to pin her down.

Main features:
- Nappy pants are made ​​of a thin and safe natural absorbent material
- Soft "breathable" surface, is very delicate and safe for baby's skin
- Hypoallergenic 
- Soft, stretchy material for active babies
- Suitable for sensitive skin
- "Net" fabric around the thighs is snug for the extra protection from leaks
- 5 Winnie the Pooh designs
- Adhesive tape for easy disposal
- Tear down sides
- Colour strips change from yellow to blue once the nappy is full (applicable for wee only)

- Comes in a variety of sizes from newborn (0-5kg) to big (12-17kg)


We have opened a pack a week ago and since then have been testing them during the day. They seem to fit very well and are more stretchy in tummy area than other competitive brands. And not just that the net fabric around thigh area looks very snug and prefent any wee or poo leakages.
I didn't notice any red marks on a tummy or around legs which indicates that they are not just soft but perfect fit for L. 

I didn't put them to test during night though as on few occasions I have noticed that nappies fill up really quickly and need changing ever 3-5 hours, which meant they are more suitable for L during the day.
Tearing the sides away was a little bit of a mission when L had soiled nappies but instead of holding her in my arms I have changed my technique slightly and let her stand on top of the toilet whilst I tear away the sides which is a little bit more comfortable. 

What have surprised me the most is that they are pretty much odourless comparing to other brands, normally if I leave a nappy in a bin it will smell badly, with Moony nappy panties I can leave them in a bin for few days without worrying that the whole room will smell of nappies.

Overall, we are happy with Moony nappy panties and may consider purchasing them in the future if the price goes down a little bit.

Disclaimer: I was sent the item mentioned above for the purpose of this review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

10 comments:

  1. that is very expensive it would have to be especially good

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen a few reviews for japanese nappies - H has recently discovered how to remove her nappy during the night and lob it at our heads! For a 2 and a bit yar old she has got a pretty good aim. Was considering trying some of these for her but I think that if they fill quickly they will not be much good as she pees like a racehorse in the night and often in the morning even with leading brands she has managed to wee through to her clothes (thank god for water proof sheets!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the wee wee colour change my boy is always getting upset that I interrupt his busy day to check his nappy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of these before - they sound good. Quite expensive though! #triedtested

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are incredibly expensive! Thanks for linking up with #TriedTested

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - they're a flipping fortune!!
    Thanks for sharing your review on #TriedTested this week x

    ReplyDelete
  7. great review expensive product tho

    ReplyDelete
  8. How much!!!!??? That's crazy! They do sound good but I couldn't justify the price x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that's expensive 😯 theyd have to be good for that much haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. They sound good but are very expensive!!

    AShleigh

    ReplyDelete