Friday 20 October 2017

Arts & Crafts: Halloween themed creations with Duck Tape

I  am a big fan of celebrations be it birthday party or something bigger like Halloween. I don't take the day itself seriously, as a religious person I shouldn't be celebrating it at all, but as a big kid at heart I don't see anything wrong with dressing up, having a spooky disco or making few decorations. 
For this year's Halloween celebrations we were sent some colourful Duck Tape to help us create ultimate Halloween party decoration. 
" Repair, craft, label and decorate with Duck Tape® Brand Duct Tape. Choose from traditional silver to wide range of colors, prints, strengths and technologies like sheets, mini-rolls, max strength and even glow-in-the-dark. Whether your next project is a simple kids craft or emergency home repair, there’s a Duck Tape® product for you".
So, to create bat decorations as seen here and a pumpkin decoration I have used: Jet wide duck tape (£4) and Glow Pumpkin Tape (£7.99).

Both Duck tapes are self- adhesive and mess -free and were super easy to use.
To create a bat: I have found bat pattern online and printed it afterwards; cut the pattern and used it as a stencil for a cardboard sheet; once the stencil was transferred into the cardboard I cut it and applied Jet Duck Tape layers one by one cutting the excess. With the leftover Duck Tape I was able to create a little curling string.
It may seem like I have created all of these without L's help, but she actually did take part in the process. L was cutting pieces of paper to support me and share responsibilities as well as tried to apply Jet Duck Tape and get to know how sticky it is!
To create glow-in-the-dark pumpkin I have followed similar routine as with the bat decoration. It was really quick and easy to apply, even felt quicker than with Jet Duck Tape. 
Both of the decorations then were applied to the wall and L was absolutely mesmerised to the glowing pumpkin! 

Disclaimer: We were sent some Duck Tape materials to create Halloween decorations. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment