Wednesday 13 December 2017

Christmas gift guide for a healthier New Year :The Diet Plate

Couple of months ago I have realised that I became obsessed with scales even though the weight was going up or down every single day I was hoping for a miracle that will speed the process. I had a glance at a website selling quick fix methods of losing weight, have re-read articles on healthy eating and realised again that it is only my will and desire that will help and fix the issue. 
As we are just less than 2 weeks away from Christmas I thought that it would be perfect to introduce you to The Diet Plate- complete weight management system.
The Diet Plate offer a great range of portion control plates for female or male users or even kids as well as calories counting bowls for breakfast, yogurts or desserts. 

"The female and children's version of the plate and bowl will provide approximately 1200-1500 calories per day, allowing 300-400 calories for lunch. The male version of the plate will provide approximately 1500-1900 calories per day, allowing 400-500 calories for lunch".

With so many people struggling to find the best way to keep fit and lose weight I think I have found a great middle ground for you! Instead of starving yourself, trying new diets, eating powder meal replacements or giving up due to no results, you can lose weight without giving up the food! And that's not all- The Diet Plate is a good aid for those who have been diagnosed with Diabetes 2 and don't know where to start with their new nutritionally balanced diet lifestyle. 

As some of you may know I have been eating healthy for most of this year, within first 5 months I have lost 2 stone and since then have been maintaining the weight by restricting myself to certain foods that I discovered are a way forward for me as well as keeping active. Like any human being I would have a day where I feel like I have been so stressed that I need to have a square of the chocolate or maybe even a few. 
I was pleasantly surprised to see how big is the Diet Plate (£19.99) (this is something I am used to- big plate, big portions), the plate is divided into sections for carbs, salads, sauce and essentially directs on portion size and amounts. The plate is dishwasher and microwave safe which makes it an ordinary plate but with a twist.

The same principles apply to Calorie Counting Bowl (£14.99) which has its colour band method indicating the appropriate size of the portion allowed for certain calorie intake. With the booklet provided you can find all information on how to use the bowl as well as cereal chart, I was really surprised to learn that I eat perhaps too much of porridge.
"The Diet Plate is not about total healthy eating but about "a little of what you fancy does you good!" The Diet Plate by default alters the nutritional values of the food groups, directly at the point of serving hot food. This means that if you want chips, you can have them but don't go over the starchy carb section, if you are having chips and peas, then both are starches and both sit together as one portion in that area. 

Once you have your starch and protein or starch and sauces measured then just move the entire meal to one side and fill with free veggies, like; cauliflower, cabbage, broccoli, pak choy, leeks, carrots etc. So you get a nice big plate of food but it is all calorie counted for you, regardless of whether it is salmon, new potatoes and veg or a chicken curry from the local curry house".

It may seem complicated at first but once you start you can easily get used to and "hooked" up to using both plate and bowl. To support you weight loss journey you can also sign up to The Diet Plan online (accessible form any device) membership where you can enter all your personal information including weight goals and daily meals to be able to track how and what you eat and if something needs adding or adjusting to move forward with your weight loss. 

From the image above you can see that I am used to big portions and the food pretty much overflowing sometimes, depending on what is on my plate and now that I am not eating rice I feel hungry quicker or don't get full as much, the process of getting used to new Diet Plate wasn't too painful. I noticed that even though I want to "cheat" and put a tall tower of vegetables I try to avoid it now as portions are sufficient enough. Due to the foods I eat and portions I do not feel bloated anymore (Yay!) and feel less heavy in myself! 

I believe that The Diet Plate could be a start of something new and exciting for yourself or even make a perfect present for someone who has been struggling with weight gain. 

Here is to a healthier, happier New Year with The Diet Plate!

Disclaimer: I have received the product mentioned above for the purpose of this review/feature. All thought and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment