Friday 1 December 2017

Review: Forth with Life finger prick test subscription box

Sometimes even the healthiest of us can can have aches here and there, I certainly try to avoid seeing GP unless I have an urgent enquiry or something bothers me. Lately I have noticed that I feel more tired after lunch time, every single day I felt so tired and I couldn't explain it. 
I knew if I were to go GP about it they could brush it off so I started my own investigation: I considered that lack of exercise could be the reason, that I don't drink enough water during the day, stress could be another factor or even iron deficiency could be one of main reasons. 
When Forth with Life got in touch offering to review one of their finger prick test I knew it could bring me the answers I was seeking for some time. 

"We are a group of clinical and digital experts who are passionate about healthcare. We’re part of a new breed of digital healthcare companies who are transforming people’s relationship with their health by using technology to give them more information and help them gain greater control"
.

I was offered to review Baseline kit (£59) which is a part of the subscription package allowing you to test your blood every 3, 4 or 6 months. As my kit was one off I could easily cancel or pass my subscription in case if I change my mind. 
The ordering process as well as website navigation is quite quick and simple, I quickly found the right test, registered, typed my basic information including name, DOB and my weight goals. It took 2 working days for the test to arrive and 2 working days for results to come through after I posted my blood sample back.
                                           
As part of the Baseline test kit you receive four finger stick needles, an individual plastic"vial" and some plasters.

The finger sticks are easy to use, simply remove the cap and push against your chosen finger. I gently ran my hand under warm water to get a better blood flow and loosen the blood for better droplets which was suggested in the instructions leaflet.
Then simply squeeze/massage your finger to fill the vial with your blood, ready to be inserted into the enclosed pre-paid packet, sealed and shipped off to the laboratory. Once that was done I logged in and ticked the box stating the the test was posted so the Forth With Life can track the parcel. 
After I have managed to do the finger prick test for the first time in my life I certainly started to appreciate skilled nurses at the hospitals who take our blood as it did took me around 30 minutes to fill up a tiny container.

The Base line test checks several aspects of your internals:
1) Cardiovasular issues (such as Triglycerides and total cholesterol levels), which is excellent if you are worried about your heart and any coronary diseases.
2) Kidney issues, specifically your albumin levels
3) Liver issues (such as Gloulin levels and total protein in your system)
4) Metabolic issues, specifically the Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (which controls the production of hormones in your system)
5) Vitamin & minerals, either being at a high or low rate (focusing mainly on Vitamin D and Ferritin).

As I am sure you will agree, each of those sections above cover areas which are crucial to our general well being.

You can also pay for a lower/higher test (lite/plus) and also Forth offer hormonal tests , screening and specific essential tests (focusing on either the liver, vitamin D etc...).      
The test results arrived within a few days (I received an e-mail notification like I did for every step of the process starting from purchase) and help you act on any issues you may have from the Forth with Life test results. You can access your result by simply login into your account and going to "My results" section. My results came back with a low level of Vitamin D and high level of Ferritin, knowing this confirmed my fears, allows me to plan for the future and remedy the issues with haste.

I know some of you maybe be a little skeptical to the home based method and it's accuracy, but I do believe that if you follow the steps from the instructions accurately there shouldn't be any flaws.

I would definitely recommend the Forth with Life health test kits for any health conscious individuals.

Disclaimer: I have received the product for the purpose of this review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment